Too early to normalise relations with Pak: Antony
New Delhi: India Wednesday said tensions on the LoC have "reduced" after talks between the two DGMOs but there will be no hasty decisions for normalising relations with Pakistan as it is "too early" to do so.
Talking to reporters, Defence Minister A K Antony said infiltration attempts are going on even in extreme winters and wondered that "if this is the case now, what will be the position (of infiltration) in summers"?
"After the latest round of talks between the two DGMOs, the tension in the LoC has reduced but I cannot say or set a timeline for normalising the atmosphere there. It depends on so many factors.
"We have to cross our fingers and after the tragic and inhuman incident, even though Pakistan has assured us certain things, we have to see how this assurance translates into action," Antony said.
He was asked about the situation on the LoC and the threat faced by India from Islamic terrorism.
He said it is "too early about normalising the relations. We have to wait and watch and assess the ground situation and other factors. Regarding the future course of action and relations in the future, we will not take a hasty decision."
The situation on the LoC had turned bad after the beheading of two Indian soldiers by Pakistan Army troops in the Mendhar sector.
Army chief Gen Bikram Singh had issued a strong warning to the Pakistan Army saying his force reserved the retaliate at the time and point of its choosing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics