Top CPM leaders meet to discuss political scenario
New Delhi: Top leaders of the CPI(M) met
here on Tuesday to discuss the prevailing political scenario in the
country and prepare a mid-term report on its activities which
will be discussed in the Central Committee meeting.
Party General Secretary Prakash Karat and other senior
leaders like Sitaram Yechury, S R Pillai and Mohd Amin took
part in the deliberations which came ahead of the three-day
Central Committee meeting beginning tomorrow.
West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee,
who did not attending some of the previous meetings, was
Sources said the Polit Bureau will be preparing the
draft of the mid-term review which will be discussed in the
Central Committee meeting.
M K Pandhe, a member of the Polit Bureau, said the
meeting will discuss political developments in the country.
"We will also finalise the rectification campaign," he said.
The meeting comes against the backdrop of the defeat
of the Left-sponsored cut motion in the Lok Sabha to demand
reduction in prices of petrol, diesel and fertiliser.
Sources said the date and venue of the extended
Central Committee meeting will also be decided during the
meeting. Sources said the meeting is likely to be held in
The prevailing political situation, including assembly
polls in Bihar and upcoming elections to local bodies in West
Bengal, also came up for discussion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video