Top defence brass meets Chinese delegation
New Delhi: Top Indian defence brass today
met a Chinese delegation which is here on a five-day visit to
take forward bilateral relations between the two countries
and to plan for future joint military exercises.
The Chinese delegation led by Peoples Liberation Army
(PLA) deputy chief General Gezen-feng had meeting with IAF
chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik and Navy chief Admiral Nirmal
Verma and the two sides discussed possibilities of holding
joint exercises in the future.
The delegation could not meet Army chief General
Deepak Kapoor, as he was away in Meerut, Defence Ministry
sources said here.
The Chinese team is scheduled to meet Defence Minister
A K Antony and Defence Secretary Pradeep Kumar to discuss on
the scope for bolstering the bilateral confidence building
measures later during their visit that will end on December 6.
The visit, which comes in the wake of reports of
Chinese Army nibbling in Indian territory all along the Line
of Actual Control (LAC).
Soon after, another Chinese delegation led by Tibet
Military Regional Command commander-in-chief Lt Gen Shu Yutai
will be in India from December 11, officials said.
Meanwhile, commenting on the Chinese delegation visit
and his discussions with it, Verma told reporters that India
and China shared common concerns and whatever appeared in the
respective media was not to be misunderstood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27