Top Hizbul Mujahideen commander Talib Lali arrested
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
Srinagar: In yet another victory for the security forces, Hizbul Mujahideen’s self styled commander Talib Lali was arrested from his native Ajas in Bandipore on Wednesday.
He was arrested along with two other suspects after the security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Ajas area today morning after receiving inputs that some top Hizb militants were present there.
There was a brief exchange of fire between the militants and the security forces before Lali and his two associates - Abdul Rashid Lali and Showkat Ahmad Mir – were arrested. No one was injured in the shootout.
41-year-old Talib Lali was one of the longest surviving Hizbul terrorist in the valley with deep rooted contacts in the terror network that works on both sides of the Line of Control (LoC) with Pakistan. He was active for the past at least 15 years and had risen through the ranks to be among the top hierarchy of the terror outfit.
As per reports, some arms and ammunition have been recovered from the terrorists who have now been whisked away to an undisclosed location for questioning.
Lali, also known as Waseem and Abu Umer, was allegedly involved in procuring regular and systematic funding from across the border for Hizbul, to promote terrorist activities in India.
The funding from across the border was allegedly being routed through Jammu & Kashmir Affectees Relief Trusts (JKART), a frontal organization of Hizbul, reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!