Top Indian Mujahideen operatives sent to judicial custody
New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen suspects Tehsin Akhtar alias Monu and Pakistani national Waqas alias Zia-ur-Rehman were Monday sent to judicial custody till May 8 in connection with the 2013 blasts in Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad.
According to sources, National Investigation Agency (NIA) Special Judge I.S. Mehta sent the duo to judicial custody in an in-camera hearing.
They were produced before the NIA court after Delhi Police told a sessions court here that further custodial interrogation of the accused was not required in a 2012 case related to planning of blasts in the national capital, which was aborted after the arrest after some of the co-accused.
Monu and Waqas were presented before the court after expiry of police custody in the 2012 case registered by Delhi Police.
The sessions court then allowed the NIA to arrest the accused for the 2013 Dilsukhnagar blasts and direct it to present them before the concerned NIA court.
After arresting both of the operatives, the NIA presented them before judge Mehta, and sought three days` transit remand of the accused.
Defence counsel of both accused M.S. Khan opposed the NIA plea seeking transit remand of the accused, saying there was no evidence against them and they were arrested with an ulterior motive.
The court kept the matter of transit remand pending and sent the duo to judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi