Top Obama aide on foreign policy travelling to India
Washington: US President Barack Obama`s UN ambassador and one of his closest confidante, Susan Rice, is travelling to India this week to hold a series of discussion with top Indian officials on a range of bilateral and global issues including Syria.
"On August 22, she will hold meetings with senior Indian officials to discuss a range of bilateral and multilateral issues including peace-keeping, regional cooperation, and Syria," said a statement issued by the Permanent Mission of the US to the United Nations.
While in India, Rice, the top foreign policy advisor to the US President, will also meet with Indian women leaders and participate in an event focusing on child and infant survival that honors Eleanor Roosevelt and is in support of UNICEF, hosted by the US Ambassador to India, Nancy Powell.
Rice who served on the staff of the National Security Council and was the Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs during the Clinton Administration hold the Cabinet level rank under the Obama Administration; a rare distinction given to the US Ambassador to the UN.
A close foreign policy advisor to Obama since he launched his presidential campaign, many in Washington term identify her as a potential Secretary of State or the National Security Advisor if Obama is re-elected in the November presidential elections.
Hillary Clinton, the Secretary of State, has said that she would leave the post at the end of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested