Top RSS leader questions BJP decision to re-admit Jaswant
New Delhi: Senior RSS leader M G Vaidya today
questioned BJP`s decision of re-admitting Jaswant Singh into
the party fold and not leaders like Uma Bharti, Govindacharya
and Sanjay Joshi.
"Why was only Jaswant Singh admitted. Why not
Govindacharya, Uma Bharti and Sanjay Joshi. They (the three
leaders) might have made some mistakes but it was not as
serious as that of praising Jinnah (which L K Advani made)"
Vaidya said in an article in a Marathi newspaper.
He said there would have been no damage to the BJP even
if Jaswant Singh was out of the party, but the re-admission of
Bharti, Govindacharya and Joshi would certainly strengthen it.
Vaidya was critical of Advani for declaring Jinnah a
secularist, saying no one would accept the point of view.
Reflecting on the six years when the BJP-led NDA was in
power, the RSS functionary asked why would the Hindus vote for
the BJP again when it could not even get the undisputed land
near the Ram Janambhoomi area to the owners when it was in
"In 1998, the BJP won 180 seats but to come to power in a
hurry, it left its agenda... It lasted only 13 months. In
1999, it won two more seats... It could not even bring a
common marriage and divorce law. I am not talking of a common
civil code but a common marriage and divorce law," Vaidya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan