Top US Navy official on India visit
New Delhi: On a five-day visit to India, US Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jonathan Greenert will discuss a range of issues with his counterparts to strengthen joint training and mutual cooperation between the two Navies and meet the top brass of the Defence Ministry here.
"Admiral Greenert will be visiting some of the important Naval offices in the country and will interact with the top officials of the Indian Navy. Today he will call on Defence Minister AK Antony and Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma," Navy officials said here. He will also meet the three Service Chiefs.
The visit by the top United States officer is taking place a week after the Navies of India and the US concluded their 10-day long Malabar-series exercise in the Bay of Bengal.
After interacting with the top brass here, Admiral Greenert will visit the Western Naval Command at Mumbai and meet its Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Vice Admiral DK Joshi and Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Girish Luthra.
"In Mumbai, he will also go to the Mazagon Dockyard Limited (MDL) and from there he will proceed to Goa where he will visit INS Hansa naval base and will meet Flag Officer Naval Aviation (FONA) Rear Admiral Sudhir Pillai," they said.
From Goa, Admiral Greenert will go to Karvar, which is a major hub of the Navy`s training activities and will meet the Flag Officer Karvar Area Rear Admiral Atul Jain.
The visit will culminate at Kochin where the Admiral will interact with Southern Naval Commander Vice Admiral K N Sushil.
"During the visit, Admiral Greenert will discuss a range of issues such as ways to strengthen joint training and mutual cooperation between the navies of US and India," the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened