Top US official headed to New Delhi to prepare for Kerry visit
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry is sending his top diplomat to New Delhi to prepare the ground work for his visit to the country to attend the India-US Strategic Dialogue later this summer.
The Deputy Secretary of State, William Burns, is headed to New Delhi to continue the "productive dialogue", the India and the US are now enjoying in the wide range of political, economic, and security issues, the State Department spokesman, Patrick Ventrell, told reporters here yesterday.
"The strategic partnership with India is of great importance to the United States and one in which both our governments are continuing to invest," Ventrell told reporters without giving the exact dates of Burn`s travel to India.
During his India trip, Burns will exchange views with his counterparts on how to grow the trade and investment relationship and expand the energy and climate change cooperation, including how to further advance the civil nuclear cooperation.
"The deputy also looks forward to discuss regional issues, including our mutual goals for greater cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region and in Afghanistan where we welcome the leading role India is playing in fostering regional economic integration and spurring private sector investment," Ventrell said.
Burns visit will kick in motion the series of high-level visits between the two countries in the next few weeks, culminating in the Kerry`s maiden trip to India as the top American diplomat during which he would co-chair the India-US Strategic Dialogue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!