Totally agree with Rahul on ordinance issue: Scindia
New Delhi: Ahead of the meeting of the Union Cabinet, Congress leader and Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said he was "100 per cent in agreement" with the views of Rahul Gandhi on the issue of controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers.
"I would like to say only one thing that I agree 100 per cent with Rahulji. There is a need for clean politics," Scindia said.
"Whatever Rahulji has felt on the issue, it is very encouraging," he said.
Scindia declined to answer further queries on the issue saying the Union Cabinet will deliberate on it.
His remarks came at a time when government appeared all set to withdraw the controversial ordinance in the wake of Rahul Gandhi`s denunciation of the Cabinet move.
Scindia, who has recently been made head of campaign committee for Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, is seen as the face of Congress in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!