Totally agree with Rahul on ordinance issue: Scindia
New Delhi: Ahead of the meeting of the Union Cabinet, Congress leader and Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said he was "100 per cent in agreement" with the views of Rahul Gandhi on the issue of controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers.
"I would like to say only one thing that I agree 100 per cent with Rahulji. There is a need for clean politics," Scindia said.
"Whatever Rahulji has felt on the issue, it is very encouraging," he said.
Scindia declined to answer further queries on the issue saying the Union Cabinet will deliberate on it.
His remarks came at a time when government appeared all set to withdraw the controversial ordinance in the wake of Rahul Gandhi`s denunciation of the Cabinet move.
Scindia, who has recently been made head of campaign committee for Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, is seen as the face of Congress in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday