Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi to visit Spain
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi will be on an official visit to Spain from January 29 to February 03.
During his visit, Chiranjeevi will inaugurate India Tourism Pavilion in FITUR and will hold discussions with Spanish Tourism Minister Jose Manuel Soria Lopez on cooperation in the tourism sector.
On the sidelines of this visit, Chiranjeevi will be meeting Artur Mas, the president of Catalonia province. The Tourism Minister will be meeting UNWTO secretary general Taleb Rifai on January 31.
India and Spain share similarities in their tourism products with both the countries being looked upon as cultural destinations. Both the countries endeavour to develop common approaches to address new and emerging challenges in tourism sector.
In 2009, India signed a MoU with Spain in the field of tourism, which provides a roadmap for cooperation in a number of tourism related areas.
India is also exploring the possibility of hosting the first Joint Working Group meeting on tourism cooperation between India and Spain at a mutually agreeable date and venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan