Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi to visit Spain
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi will be on an official visit to Spain from January 29 to February 03.
During his visit, Chiranjeevi will inaugurate India Tourism Pavilion in FITUR and will hold discussions with Spanish Tourism Minister Jose Manuel Soria Lopez on cooperation in the tourism sector.
On the sidelines of this visit, Chiranjeevi will be meeting Artur Mas, the president of Catalonia province. The Tourism Minister will be meeting UNWTO secretary general Taleb Rifai on January 31.
India and Spain share similarities in their tourism products with both the countries being looked upon as cultural destinations. Both the countries endeavour to develop common approaches to address new and emerging challenges in tourism sector.
In 2009, India signed a MoU with Spain in the field of tourism, which provides a roadmap for cooperation in a number of tourism related areas.
India is also exploring the possibility of hosting the first Joint Working Group meeting on tourism cooperation between India and Spain at a mutually agreeable date and venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them