Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi to visit Spain
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi will be on an official visit to Spain from January 29 to February 03.
During his visit, Chiranjeevi will inaugurate India Tourism Pavilion in FITUR and will hold discussions with Spanish Tourism Minister Jose Manuel Soria Lopez on cooperation in the tourism sector.
On the sidelines of this visit, Chiranjeevi will be meeting Artur Mas, the president of Catalonia province. The Tourism Minister will be meeting UNWTO secretary general Taleb Rifai on January 31.
India and Spain share similarities in their tourism products with both the countries being looked upon as cultural destinations. Both the countries endeavour to develop common approaches to address new and emerging challenges in tourism sector.
In 2009, India signed a MoU with Spain in the field of tourism, which provides a roadmap for cooperation in a number of tourism related areas.
India is also exploring the possibility of hosting the first Joint Working Group meeting on tourism cooperation between India and Spain at a mutually agreeable date and venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!