Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi to visit Spain
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi will be on an official visit to Spain from January 29 to February 03.
During his visit, Chiranjeevi will inaugurate India Tourism Pavilion in FITUR and will hold discussions with Spanish Tourism Minister Jose Manuel Soria Lopez on cooperation in the tourism sector.
On the sidelines of this visit, Chiranjeevi will be meeting Artur Mas, the president of Catalonia province. The Tourism Minister will be meeting UNWTO secretary general Taleb Rifai on January 31.
India and Spain share similarities in their tourism products with both the countries being looked upon as cultural destinations. Both the countries endeavour to develop common approaches to address new and emerging challenges in tourism sector.
In 2009, India signed a MoU with Spain in the field of tourism, which provides a roadmap for cooperation in a number of tourism related areas.
India is also exploring the possibility of hosting the first Joint Working Group meeting on tourism cooperation between India and Spain at a mutually agreeable date and venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?