Tourism needs marketing, infrastructure: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Indian tourism needs better marketing and infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday.
"We have many opportunities for the growth of tourism. All it needs is promotion and provision of facilities for foreign tourists," he told reporters here.
He said foreigners prefer to visit ancient monuments and historical places, but unfortunately, transport and accommodation facilities at these facilities are poor.
Chiranjeevi said he would take initiatives to promote the Buddhist circuit in Andhra Pradesh to attract tourists from East Asia and South East Asian countries.
Co-ordinated efforts are required to promote tourism and public-private partnership will be encouraged to promote infrastructure at tourist places, he said.
He pointed out that in some countries, tourist earnings have crossed 30 per cent to 40 per cent of their GDP, while it was only 6.5 per cent in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video