Tourism needs marketing, infrastructure: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Indian tourism needs better marketing and infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday.
"We have many opportunities for the growth of tourism. All it needs is promotion and provision of facilities for foreign tourists," he told reporters here.
He said foreigners prefer to visit ancient monuments and historical places, but unfortunately, transport and accommodation facilities at these facilities are poor.
Chiranjeevi said he would take initiatives to promote the Buddhist circuit in Andhra Pradesh to attract tourists from East Asia and South East Asian countries.
Co-ordinated efforts are required to promote tourism and public-private partnership will be encouraged to promote infrastructure at tourist places, he said.
He pointed out that in some countries, tourist earnings have crossed 30 per cent to 40 per cent of their GDP, while it was only 6.5 per cent in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand