Tourism needs marketing, infrastructure: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Indian tourism needs better marketing and infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday.
"We have many opportunities for the growth of tourism. All it needs is promotion and provision of facilities for foreign tourists," he told reporters here.
He said foreigners prefer to visit ancient monuments and historical places, but unfortunately, transport and accommodation facilities at these facilities are poor.
Chiranjeevi said he would take initiatives to promote the Buddhist circuit in Andhra Pradesh to attract tourists from East Asia and South East Asian countries.
Co-ordinated efforts are required to promote tourism and public-private partnership will be encouraged to promote infrastructure at tourist places, he said.
He pointed out that in some countries, tourist earnings have crossed 30 per cent to 40 per cent of their GDP, while it was only 6.5 per cent in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you