Tourism needs marketing, infrastructure: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Indian tourism needs better marketing and infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday.
"We have many opportunities for the growth of tourism. All it needs is promotion and provision of facilities for foreign tourists," he told reporters here.
He said foreigners prefer to visit ancient monuments and historical places, but unfortunately, transport and accommodation facilities at these facilities are poor.
Chiranjeevi said he would take initiatives to promote the Buddhist circuit in Andhra Pradesh to attract tourists from East Asia and South East Asian countries.
Co-ordinated efforts are required to promote tourism and public-private partnership will be encouraged to promote infrastructure at tourist places, he said.
He pointed out that in some countries, tourist earnings have crossed 30 per cent to 40 per cent of their GDP, while it was only 6.5 per cent in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security