Tourism needs marketing, infrastructure: Chiranjeevi
Vijayawada: Indian tourism needs better marketing and infrastructure, Union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday.
"We have many opportunities for the growth of tourism. All it needs is promotion and provision of facilities for foreign tourists," he told reporters here.
He said foreigners prefer to visit ancient monuments and historical places, but unfortunately, transport and accommodation facilities at these facilities are poor.
Chiranjeevi said he would take initiatives to promote the Buddhist circuit in Andhra Pradesh to attract tourists from East Asia and South East Asian countries.
Co-ordinated efforts are required to promote tourism and public-private partnership will be encouraged to promote infrastructure at tourist places, he said.
He pointed out that in some countries, tourist earnings have crossed 30 per cent to 40 per cent of their GDP, while it was only 6.5 per cent in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III