Traffic adalats on Sunday in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites will get a chance to settle their pending challans next Sunday at the mega traffic `lok adalat` being organised by Delhi Police and Delhi Legal Service Authority (DLSA).
The lok adalats will be held on October 24 at six courts across the city, a senior police official said. Those who wish to settle their challans can approach the courts in Saket, Dwarka, Patiala House, Rohini, Tis Hazari, Karkardooma, the official said.
"This is a golden opportunity for those who have challans pending against them," the official said, adding they even have the opportunity to challenge the challans. The first such adalat was held on September 8 and 9 in 2007, during which 42,567 cases were disposed of and compounding fees of Rs 58.21 lakh were realised.
The second adalat was held on December 9 and 16 same year during which 38,316 traffic challans of private and commercial vehicles were settled. An amount of Rs 30.44 lakh
was collected at that time.
The third adalat was held in May 2008 in which 22,938 cases were settled followed by one in September 2008 in which 6,214 cases were settled. Another lok adalat held in November 2008 saw 11,403 cases settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post