Train derails in Bihar; one dead, 22 injured
Patna: One passenger was killed and 22 others injured, including three seriously, when an engine and three bogies of the Amrapali Express derailed near Naugachia in Bhagalpur district, police said here on Thursday.
The accident occurred at around 11.45 pm last night after the Amritsar-Katihar Amrapali Express crossed Parasha section of the East Central Railway (ECR) and was on its way to Katihar, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelamani told a news agency.
A passenger, identified as Puran Singh, 18, died on the spot, he said.
The 22 injured passengers have been admitted to nearby hospitals. The condition of three of them, including a woman with head injuries, is stated to be critical, he added.
An ECR spokesman said that a relief train reached the spot soon after the incident and passengers were pulled out of the derailed bogies.
Senior railway officials and engineers reached the spot early morning today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016