Train derails in Bihar; one dead, 22 injured
Patna: One passenger was killed and 22 others injured, including three seriously, when an engine and three bogies of the Amrapali Express derailed near Naugachia in Bhagalpur district, police said here on Thursday.
The accident occurred at around 11.45 pm last night after the Amritsar-Katihar Amrapali Express crossed Parasha section of the East Central Railway (ECR) and was on its way to Katihar, Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelamani told a news agency.
A passenger, identified as Puran Singh, 18, died on the spot, he said.
The 22 injured passengers have been admitted to nearby hospitals. The condition of three of them, including a woman with head injuries, is stated to be critical, he added.
An ECR spokesman said that a relief train reached the spot soon after the incident and passengers were pulled out of the derailed bogies.
Senior railway officials and engineers reached the spot early morning today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details