Train fire mishap: Trivedi announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the fire mishap in the Howrah-Dehradun Express and announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
All other passengers in the affected B-1 and B-2 AC
coaches will get Rs 25000 as immediate financial assistance
for the inconvenience caused due to the fire, he said.
There were a total of 128 passengers in the two coaches
of which seven were charred to death after fire broke out in
the train in Jharkhand`s Giridih district in the wee hours
The fire, which broke out around 3 am in B-1 AC coach and
then spread to spread to B-2 AC coach, was spotted in the
coach between Gomo and Nimiaghat railway stations, he said.
Dhanbad DRM and a railway medical team have reached the
site and catering arrangements have been made for the stranded
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?