Train fire mishap: Trivedi announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the fire mishap in the Howrah-Dehradun Express and announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
All other passengers in the affected B-1 and B-2 AC
coaches will get Rs 25000 as immediate financial assistance
for the inconvenience caused due to the fire, he said.
There were a total of 128 passengers in the two coaches
of which seven were charred to death after fire broke out in
the train in Jharkhand`s Giridih district in the wee hours
The fire, which broke out around 3 am in B-1 AC coach and
then spread to spread to B-2 AC coach, was spotted in the
coach between Gomo and Nimiaghat railway stations, he said.
Dhanbad DRM and a railway medical team have reached the
site and catering arrangements have been made for the stranded
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray