Train fire mishap: Trivedi announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the fire mishap in the Howrah-Dehradun Express and announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
All other passengers in the affected B-1 and B-2 AC
coaches will get Rs 25000 as immediate financial assistance
for the inconvenience caused due to the fire, he said.
There were a total of 128 passengers in the two coaches
of which seven were charred to death after fire broke out in
the train in Jharkhand`s Giridih district in the wee hours
The fire, which broke out around 3 am in B-1 AC coach and
then spread to spread to B-2 AC coach, was spotted in the
coach between Gomo and Nimiaghat railway stations, he said.
Dhanbad DRM and a railway medical team have reached the
site and catering arrangements have been made for the stranded
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM