Train fire mishap: Trivedi announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the fire mishap in the Howrah-Dehradun Express and announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
All other passengers in the affected B-1 and B-2 AC
coaches will get Rs 25000 as immediate financial assistance
for the inconvenience caused due to the fire, he said.
There were a total of 128 passengers in the two coaches
of which seven were charred to death after fire broke out in
the train in Jharkhand`s Giridih district in the wee hours
The fire, which broke out around 3 am in B-1 AC coach and
then spread to spread to B-2 AC coach, was spotted in the
coach between Gomo and Nimiaghat railway stations, he said.
Dhanbad DRM and a railway medical team have reached the
site and catering arrangements have been made for the stranded
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch