Train fire mishap: Trivedi announces compensation
New Delhi: Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi on Tuesday condoled the loss of lives in the fire mishap in the Howrah-Dehradun Express and announced an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the next of kin of those killed.
All other passengers in the affected B-1 and B-2 AC
coaches will get Rs 25000 as immediate financial assistance
for the inconvenience caused due to the fire, he said.
There were a total of 128 passengers in the two coaches
of which seven were charred to death after fire broke out in
the train in Jharkhand`s Giridih district in the wee hours
The fire, which broke out around 3 am in B-1 AC coach and
then spread to spread to B-2 AC coach, was spotted in the
coach between Gomo and Nimiaghat railway stations, he said.
Dhanbad DRM and a railway medical team have reached the
site and catering arrangements have been made for the stranded
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?