Train mishap: Six railway staff suspended
New Delhi: In the wake of today`s train
mishap in Jharkhand that claimed five lives, six staff on duty
at the time of the accident were suspended with Railway
Minister Dinesh Trivedi making it clear that negligence in
safety matters will not be tolerated.
He stressed that the basics of safety protocols should be
strictly followed and that the staff be fully sensitised to
the safety requirements in railway operations.
"The lethargy, negligence or carelessness in safety
matters on the part of railway employees cannot be tolerated
or allowed. Everybody has to remain ever vigilant and geared
up to ensure safe travel," he told a general managers`
Concerned over recurring mishaps, he said, "Fault lines,
if any, need to be identified and rectified".
The general managers` conference came in the backdrop of
the mishap at Karonpurato station near Sahibganj in Jharkhand
when a stationary goods train collided with the Delhi-bound
Brahmaputra Mail killing five persons. Nine people were also
injured in the accident.
Trivedi said there have to be solutions to the problems
which occur through intelligent decisions and brain storming
sessions and called for maintaining accountability at all
The six suspended staff included both the driver and
assistant driver of the goods train involved in the accident R
K Paswan and A K Singh, guard of the goods train Ajay Kumar,
loco inspector of Sahibganj A N Yadav, on-duty assistant
station master of Karonpurato station Aniruddh Kumar and
portar Neeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read