Train mishap: Six railway staff suspended
New Delhi: In the wake of today`s train
mishap in Jharkhand that claimed five lives, six staff on duty
at the time of the accident were suspended with Railway
Minister Dinesh Trivedi making it clear that negligence in
safety matters will not be tolerated.
He stressed that the basics of safety protocols should be
strictly followed and that the staff be fully sensitised to
the safety requirements in railway operations.
"The lethargy, negligence or carelessness in safety
matters on the part of railway employees cannot be tolerated
or allowed. Everybody has to remain ever vigilant and geared
up to ensure safe travel," he told a general managers`
Concerned over recurring mishaps, he said, "Fault lines,
if any, need to be identified and rectified".
The general managers` conference came in the backdrop of
the mishap at Karonpurato station near Sahibganj in Jharkhand
when a stationary goods train collided with the Delhi-bound
Brahmaputra Mail killing five persons. Nine people were also
injured in the accident.
Trivedi said there have to be solutions to the problems
which occur through intelligent decisions and brain storming
sessions and called for maintaining accountability at all
The six suspended staff included both the driver and
assistant driver of the goods train involved in the accident R
K Paswan and A K Singh, guard of the goods train Ajay Kumar,
loco inspector of Sahibganj A N Yadav, on-duty assistant
station master of Karonpurato station Aniruddh Kumar and
portar Neeraj Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks