Train movement to be affected for nearly two hours on Aug 15
New Delhi: Train movement between old Delhi and Shahadara railway stations will remain temporarily suspended from 6.45 AM to 8.30 AM on August 15 on account of the Independence Day ceremony at the Red Fort.
As a result of the temporary suspension of services, many trains will be regulated, rescheduled and diverted to different stations on this day, said a senior Northern Railway official.
While six trains including Kalka-Howrah mail, Lalgarh- Assam Express will be regulated at the old Delhi station till clearance, Azamgarh-Delhi Kaifiyat Express will be regulated at Sahibabad and Pratapgarh Delhi Padmavat Express will be regulated at Shahadra.
Dehradun-Sarai Rohilla Mussoorie Express will be diverted towards Sahibabad and Tilak Bridge and the Sonepat-Old Delhi-Sahibabad EMU train will be diverted to run through Subzi Mandi-New Delhi-Tilak Bridge to Sahibabad.
The departute schedule of Shamli?Old Delhi passenger service, Old Delhi-Alipurduar Mahananda Express and Garhwal Express have been changed keeping the Independence Day function in mind.
Ghaziabad-New Delhi EMU and Old Delhi-Ghaziabad EMU trains will remain cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister