Train movement to be affected for nearly two hours on Aug 15
New Delhi: Train movement between old Delhi and Shahadara railway stations will remain temporarily suspended from 6.45 AM to 8.30 AM on August 15 on account of the Independence Day ceremony at the Red Fort.
As a result of the temporary suspension of services, many trains will be regulated, rescheduled and diverted to different stations on this day, said a senior Northern Railway official.
While six trains including Kalka-Howrah mail, Lalgarh- Assam Express will be regulated at the old Delhi station till clearance, Azamgarh-Delhi Kaifiyat Express will be regulated at Sahibabad and Pratapgarh Delhi Padmavat Express will be regulated at Shahadra.
Dehradun-Sarai Rohilla Mussoorie Express will be diverted towards Sahibabad and Tilak Bridge and the Sonepat-Old Delhi-Sahibabad EMU train will be diverted to run through Subzi Mandi-New Delhi-Tilak Bridge to Sahibabad.
The departute schedule of Shamli?Old Delhi passenger service, Old Delhi-Alipurduar Mahananda Express and Garhwal Express have been changed keeping the Independence Day function in mind.
Ghaziabad-New Delhi EMU and Old Delhi-Ghaziabad EMU trains will remain cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?