Train officials to ensure greater efficiency: Narayanswami
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Tuesday underlined the need to impart training to government officials saying it enhances their efficiency and leads to better service delivery.
"Training equips them for better service delivery," the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said inaugurating the newly renovated library and new administration block complex of Institute of Secretariat Training & Management (ISTM).
He said the Government is planning to expand its training facilities as training is instrumental in keeping officers updated and increasing their efficiency.
Training curriculum should be designed so as to make it more interesting and participative, said an official statement quoting the minister.
He assured ISTM of all support in broad-basing its training and facilities to meet current as well as future challenges.
The Institute had conducted 297 courses and trained 7,841 personnel of various levels in 2011-12.
"Setting up of Centre for Transparency for more effective implementation of RTI Act and making training available online were other priority areas," Director, ISTM, K G Verma said.
Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), P K Mishra and senior officers of DoPT were present on the occasion.
The ISTM imparts training to various grades of officers in the Central Secretariat and Allied Services.
The institute is planning to set up a Learning Resource Centre as envisaged in the National Training Policy, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy