Train officials to ensure greater efficiency: Narayanswami
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Tuesday underlined the need to impart training to government officials saying it enhances their efficiency and leads to better service delivery.
"Training equips them for better service delivery," the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said inaugurating the newly renovated library and new administration block complex of Institute of Secretariat Training & Management (ISTM).
He said the Government is planning to expand its training facilities as training is instrumental in keeping officers updated and increasing their efficiency.
Training curriculum should be designed so as to make it more interesting and participative, said an official statement quoting the minister.
He assured ISTM of all support in broad-basing its training and facilities to meet current as well as future challenges.
The Institute had conducted 297 courses and trained 7,841 personnel of various levels in 2011-12.
"Setting up of Centre for Transparency for more effective implementation of RTI Act and making training available online were other priority areas," Director, ISTM, K G Verma said.
Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), P K Mishra and senior officers of DoPT were present on the occasion.
The ISTM imparts training to various grades of officers in the Central Secretariat and Allied Services.
The institute is planning to set up a Learning Resource Centre as envisaged in the National Training Policy, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning