Train officials to ensure greater efficiency: Narayanswami
New Delhi: Union Minister V Narayanasamy on Tuesday underlined the need to impart training to government officials saying it enhances their efficiency and leads to better service delivery.
"Training equips them for better service delivery," the Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions said inaugurating the newly renovated library and new administration block complex of Institute of Secretariat Training & Management (ISTM).
He said the Government is planning to expand its training facilities as training is instrumental in keeping officers updated and increasing their efficiency.
Training curriculum should be designed so as to make it more interesting and participative, said an official statement quoting the minister.
He assured ISTM of all support in broad-basing its training and facilities to meet current as well as future challenges.
The Institute had conducted 297 courses and trained 7,841 personnel of various levels in 2011-12.
"Setting up of Centre for Transparency for more effective implementation of RTI Act and making training available online were other priority areas," Director, ISTM, K G Verma said.
Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), P K Mishra and senior officers of DoPT were present on the occasion.
The ISTM imparts training to various grades of officers in the Central Secretariat and Allied Services.
The institute is planning to set up a Learning Resource Centre as envisaged in the National Training Policy, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'