Train services disrupted after Maoists create landmine hoax
Jhargram (WB): Train services in the Kharagpur-Tatanagar route of South-Eastern Railway were disrupted on Saturday after a landmine hoax created panic in West Midnapore district.
A pilot train along with a team of joint security forces rushed to the spot near Jhargram railway station after a driver of the Howrah-bound Sambalpur Express noticed some banners and a tiffin-box with wires spread out lying on the railway tracks in the wee hours today, police said.
Inspection by the bomb-disposal squad later revealed absence of any explosives, they added.
Police said that this was a ploy by the Maoists to create panic, as a result of which several local trains in the route were cancelled while long-distance trains got delayed.
The Maoists has called for a 24-hour bandh today in five states - West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and Chhatisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next