Train services disrupted after Maoists create landmine hoax
Jhargram (WB): Train services in the Kharagpur-Tatanagar route of South-Eastern Railway were disrupted on Saturday after a landmine hoax created panic in West Midnapore district.
A pilot train along with a team of joint security forces rushed to the spot near Jhargram railway station after a driver of the Howrah-bound Sambalpur Express noticed some banners and a tiffin-box with wires spread out lying on the railway tracks in the wee hours today, police said.
Inspection by the bomb-disposal squad later revealed absence of any explosives, they added.
Police said that this was a ploy by the Maoists to create panic, as a result of which several local trains in the route were cancelled while long-distance trains got delayed.
The Maoists has called for a 24-hour bandh today in five states - West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and Chhatisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena