Train services resume on crash-hit railway tracks
Kolkata: Train services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar section of South Eastern Railway (SER) resumed on Sunday after restoration of both the railway tracks which was
obstructed due to derailment of Gyaneshwari Express.
SER sources said the up line was declared fit at 2.56 am and the down line was restored at 7.55 am.
One goods train was run on the up line at 4.45 am which was followed by Puri-New Delhi Puroshattam Express at 6.10 am, they said.
Another passenger train and a goods train also passed on the up line, sources said, adding a goods train passed on the down line at 8.30 am.
Both the railway tracks remained blocked since early Friday following the derailment of Jnaneswari Express which was rammed minutes later by a goods train, killing 141 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow