Train services resume on crash-hit railway tracks
Kolkata: Train services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar section of South Eastern Railway (SER) resumed on Sunday after restoration of both the railway tracks which was
obstructed due to derailment of Gyaneshwari Express.
SER sources said the up line was declared fit at 2.56 am and the down line was restored at 7.55 am.
One goods train was run on the up line at 4.45 am which was followed by Puri-New Delhi Puroshattam Express at 6.10 am, they said.
Another passenger train and a goods train also passed on the up line, sources said, adding a goods train passed on the down line at 8.30 am.
Both the railway tracks remained blocked since early Friday following the derailment of Jnaneswari Express which was rammed minutes later by a goods train, killing 141 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM