Trainenquiry.com a preferred option for updates on trains
New Delhi: Two months into its launch in a new avatar, over 55 lakh travellers have visited the trainenquiry.Com website for an update on train status.
"Users are finding train information search faster and more convenient at the site making it a preferred option," said co-founder of Railyatri.in Manish Rathi which is powering the site.
Several more passenger related features are expected to be added to the site in the coming weeks which include station specific enquiries and information about any disruptions, he said. Other value added services such as cab rentals for passengers could also be introduced.
The search options have been made much easier, relieving the passengers from the burden of remembering the train number etc, giving results in just 20 seconds, he said.
The site also provides live information about the exact location of the train, preparing their journey accordingly.
The new looking site is the outcome of a partnership between CRIS, the IT division of Indian Railways and Railyatri.in. "Lot of thought and insights had gone into conceptualising and designing the new web version. While we are still in Beta of this product, it is very satisfactory to see and hear positive feedback from such significant number of users within few months," said group general manager of CRIS Sunil Bajpai.
As per Railyatri, the new version has been designed keeping in mind the regular passengers, savvy/non-savvy computer users, and also railway personnel themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah