Training for poll officials from abroad
New Delhi: Election officials from 19 nations are participating in a two-week training programme on `Election Management: Emerging Challenges` organised by the India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management of Election Commission of India from April 10.
The special course has been designed for mid-career election officials of India`s ITEC-partner countries. The course has been organised with support from Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
This is the latest in the series of ECI`s initiatives to share experience, skills and expertise with its counterparts in the spirit of South-South Cooperation.
The participating countries are Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Cambodia, Gambia, Ghana, Lebanon, Lithuania, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago and Uzbekistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet