Traitors don`t belong to any religion, must be punished: Meera
Mathura: Traitors should be hanged, they do not belong to any religion, noted Pakistani actress Meera said here on the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"Strict action should be taken against a traitor irrespective of his country or religion. If he has committed a crime, then he should be punished," the Lollywood actress said.
"No religion teaches you to spread hatred. If any person tries to do that, he should be punished," she said.
The actress, who has worked in several Pakistani and Bollywood films, was here yesterday to participate in Vasant Utsav program organised by a social group.
"The film-industry in both India and Pakistan can play a big role in bridging the gap between the countries," Meera said, adding that both the governments should have lenient policies and rules, including Visa rules for better relations.
She debuted in Bollywood from film-maker Mahesh Bhat`s `Nazar` and presently she is working on a feature film and a documentary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter