Traitors don`t belong to any religion, must be punished: Meera
Mathura: Traitors should be hanged, they do not belong to any religion, noted Pakistani actress Meera said here on the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"Strict action should be taken against a traitor irrespective of his country or religion. If he has committed a crime, then he should be punished," the Lollywood actress said.
"No religion teaches you to spread hatred. If any person tries to do that, he should be punished," she said.
The actress, who has worked in several Pakistani and Bollywood films, was here yesterday to participate in Vasant Utsav program organised by a social group.
"The film-industry in both India and Pakistan can play a big role in bridging the gap between the countries," Meera said, adding that both the governments should have lenient policies and rules, including Visa rules for better relations.
She debuted in Bollywood from film-maker Mahesh Bhat`s `Nazar` and presently she is working on a feature film and a documentary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know