`Transferred Haryana officer gets death threats`
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who on Monday cancelled the mutation of a controversial land deal between Robert Vadra`s company and DLF in Gurgaon, is getting death threats from anonymous people, a close friend claimed on Tuesday.
"He told me that he has received some phone calls in which people asked him to stop his activities or he would be eliminated," Khemka`s friend and senior lawyer Anupam Gupta told a news agency here.
"Those threatening him also say that they have given a supari (underworld contract) to eliminate him," Gupta said.
Khemka was transferred out as director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration on October 11, days after ordering a probe into the land deal.
He cancelled the mutation of the land sale by M/s Sky Light Hospitality, a company owned by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday (October 15), his last day in that office.
Vadra`s company, which bought the controversial land on the Manesar-Gurgaon road in February 2008 and got a housing colony licence for it from the Haryana government just a month later (in March), later entered into a sale deed with realty giant DLF to sell it for an amount of Rs 58 crore.
Vadra`s company got the Rs 58 crore from DLF in instalments between June 2008 and July 2012.
Khemka has been transferred nearly 40 times in his 21 year career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city