`Transferred Haryana officer gets death threats`
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who on Monday cancelled the mutation of a controversial land deal between Robert Vadra`s company and DLF in Gurgaon, is getting death threats from anonymous people, a close friend claimed on Tuesday.
"He told me that he has received some phone calls in which people asked him to stop his activities or he would be eliminated," Khemka`s friend and senior lawyer Anupam Gupta told a news agency here.
"Those threatening him also say that they have given a supari (underworld contract) to eliminate him," Gupta said.
Khemka was transferred out as director general of Land Consolidation and Land Records-cum-inspector general of Registration on October 11, days after ordering a probe into the land deal.
He cancelled the mutation of the land sale by M/s Sky Light Hospitality, a company owned by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday (October 15), his last day in that office.
Vadra`s company, which bought the controversial land on the Manesar-Gurgaon road in February 2008 and got a housing colony licence for it from the Haryana government just a month later (in March), later entered into a sale deed with realty giant DLF to sell it for an amount of Rs 58 crore.
Vadra`s company got the Rs 58 crore from DLF in instalments between June 2008 and July 2012.
Khemka has been transferred nearly 40 times in his 21 year career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal