Trial of Brar stabbing accused adjourned till May 20
London: The trial of two Sikh men and a woman accused of attacking 1984 Operation Blue Star hero Lt Gen (retd) KS Brar here has been adjourned till May 20 as the judge was busy with another case.
Mandeep Singh Sandhu, 34, Dilbagh Singh, 36, and Harjit Kaur, 38, will remain in custody until the next court appearance.
They have pleaded not guilty to the charge of "unlawful wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm" in relation to the attack which took place last September.
Their plea and case management hearing at Southwark Crown Court here today was adjourned as the judge was busy with another trial.
The three accused are now expected to appear for a hearing on May 20.
Meanwhile, the defence lawyers for Kaur and Sandhu have sought a hearing on their application to be granted bail on April 23 or 24. Singh is believed to not be seeking bail.
A fourth accused in the case, 33-year-old Barjinder Singh Sangha, had pleaded guilty to the same charge and will stand trial, tentatively scheduled to begin at Southwark Crown Court on July 15.
All four co-accused remain in judicial custody and are likely to stand trial collectively for their part in the stabbing of the decorated Indian Army officer who led the 1984 Operation Blue Star.
The 78-year-old was here on a private visit and was heading back to his hotel with his wife Meena when he was attacked.
Lt Gen Brar had sustained serious, but not life-threatening injuries when the suspected Khalistan sympathisers stabbed him in the neck and cheek in central London.
Brar`s wife escaped unharmed and was instrumental is raising an alarm for passers-by to call the police.
Brar is likely to give his evidence in the case via live video link from India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened