Tribal girls plight: NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued notices to Jharkhand and Delhi police after taking cognisance of media reports about the plight of tribal girls in cities, especially in the national capital.
The rights panel have sought reports in this connection from the DGP, Jharkhand and the Delhi Police Commissioner within four weeks.
NHRC took suo motu cognisance of media reports that hundreds of tribal girls, lured to the Metros and, in particular, Delhi on the pretext of providing employment, lead a miserable life as domestic helps.
According to media reports, two tribal girls, who migrated from Jharkhand`s Khunti district to work as domestic help were found dead within two days in mysterious circumstances in Delhi. The reports allege that several tribal girls are missing, a NHRC statement said.
The Commission observed that the contents of the press reports, if true, are serious violation of human rights of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"