Tribal girls plight: NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand
New Delhi: National Human Rights Commission on Monday issued notices to Jharkhand and Delhi police after taking cognisance of media reports about the plight of tribal girls in cities, especially in the national capital.
The rights panel have sought reports in this connection from the DGP, Jharkhand and the Delhi Police Commissioner within four weeks.
NHRC took suo motu cognisance of media reports that hundreds of tribal girls, lured to the Metros and, in particular, Delhi on the pretext of providing employment, lead a miserable life as domestic helps.
According to media reports, two tribal girls, who migrated from Jharkhand`s Khunti district to work as domestic help were found dead within two days in mysterious circumstances in Delhi. The reports allege that several tribal girls are missing, a NHRC statement said.
The Commission observed that the contents of the press reports, if true, are serious violation of human rights of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you