Tribal programs: Par panel for strict compliance of procedures
New Delhi: Unhappy over Central Ministries and states not following its guidelines on formulation of strategy, a Parliamentary Committee has suggested measures for strict compliance with the laidout procedures and programs meant for tribals.
The Parliamentary Committee on `Working of Tribal Sub-Plans` (TSP), which tabled its report today, also recommended the Planning Commission to earmark requisite funds to the TSP in proportion to the Scheduled Tribes population.
"The Committee is sad to note that most of the Central ministries/departments and states have not followed the guidelines in letter and spirit. The Committee notes that some of the central ministries/departments have not earmarked funds as per guidelines," the report said.
"The Committee recommends that for strict compliance of the guidelines by Central ministries, the Planning Commission should earmark requisite fund to TSP in proportion to ST population of the country as a pre-requisite for release of Plan funds," the report said.
Observing that TSP should have a "statutory backing", the Committee said, "To bring about a balanced and equitable society for STs, various schemes under TSP should be discussed by the Cabinet and copies of the Cabinet note should be circulated to all the Central ministries."
It also recommended the Tribal Affairs Ministry to ensure that all states set up strong monitoring committees to overlook implementation of development programs and schemes under the TSP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona