Tribal programs: Par panel for strict compliance of procedures
New Delhi: Unhappy over Central Ministries and states not following its guidelines on formulation of strategy, a Parliamentary Committee has suggested measures for strict compliance with the laidout procedures and programs meant for tribals.
The Parliamentary Committee on `Working of Tribal Sub-Plans` (TSP), which tabled its report today, also recommended the Planning Commission to earmark requisite funds to the TSP in proportion to the Scheduled Tribes population.
"The Committee is sad to note that most of the Central ministries/departments and states have not followed the guidelines in letter and spirit. The Committee notes that some of the central ministries/departments have not earmarked funds as per guidelines," the report said.
"The Committee recommends that for strict compliance of the guidelines by Central ministries, the Planning Commission should earmark requisite fund to TSP in proportion to ST population of the country as a pre-requisite for release of Plan funds," the report said.
Observing that TSP should have a "statutory backing", the Committee said, "To bring about a balanced and equitable society for STs, various schemes under TSP should be discussed by the Cabinet and copies of the Cabinet note should be circulated to all the Central ministries."
It also recommended the Tribal Affairs Ministry to ensure that all states set up strong monitoring committees to overlook implementation of development programs and schemes under the TSP
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!