Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand
Puri: It`s a sand sculpture depicting the famous Gateway of India encapsulated in two huge open palms, and it was here that hundreds of tourists and residents Friday paid tribute to victims of the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
People from various walks of life offered floral tributes to the 5 foot high sand sculpture in the temple city of Puri, some 56 km from Bhubaneswar. It was created by famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik with the help of his students.
"We created an image using five tonnes of sand. We have done this to pay homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the Mumbai terror attack," Pattnaik said.
On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani terrorists had held Mumbai hostage, killing 166 people and shocking the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply