Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand
Puri: It`s a sand sculpture depicting the famous Gateway of India encapsulated in two huge open palms, and it was here that hundreds of tourists and residents Friday paid tribute to victims of the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
People from various walks of life offered floral tributes to the 5 foot high sand sculpture in the temple city of Puri, some 56 km from Bhubaneswar. It was created by famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik with the help of his students.
"We created an image using five tonnes of sand. We have done this to pay homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the Mumbai terror attack," Pattnaik said.
On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani terrorists had held Mumbai hostage, killing 166 people and shocking the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi