Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand
Puri: It`s a sand sculpture depicting the famous Gateway of India encapsulated in two huge open palms, and it was here that hundreds of tourists and residents Friday paid tribute to victims of the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
People from various walks of life offered floral tributes to the 5 foot high sand sculpture in the temple city of Puri, some 56 km from Bhubaneswar. It was created by famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik with the help of his students.
"We created an image using five tonnes of sand. We have done this to pay homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the Mumbai terror attack," Pattnaik said.
On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani terrorists had held Mumbai hostage, killing 166 people and shocking the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch