Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand
Puri: It`s a sand sculpture depicting the famous Gateway of India encapsulated in two huge open palms, and it was here that hundreds of tourists and residents Friday paid tribute to victims of the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
People from various walks of life offered floral tributes to the 5 foot high sand sculpture in the temple city of Puri, some 56 km from Bhubaneswar. It was created by famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik with the help of his students.
"We created an image using five tonnes of sand. We have done this to pay homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the Mumbai terror attack," Pattnaik said.
On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani terrorists had held Mumbai hostage, killing 166 people and shocking the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31