Tribute to 26/11 victims - sculpted in sand
Puri: It`s a sand sculpture depicting the famous Gateway of India encapsulated in two huge open palms, and it was here that hundreds of tourists and residents Friday paid tribute to victims of the 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
People from various walks of life offered floral tributes to the 5 foot high sand sculpture in the temple city of Puri, some 56 km from Bhubaneswar. It was created by famous sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik with the help of his students.
"We created an image using five tonnes of sand. We have done this to pay homage to those who sacrificed their lives in the Mumbai terror attack," Pattnaik said.
On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani terrorists had held Mumbai hostage, killing 166 people and shocking the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor
- Sidharth Malhotra chills like a boss! See pic
- Gold price extends gains, up Rs 200 per 10 grams
- Your travel cost to go down by 40% with India's first ever CNG two wheelers
- Lionel Messi announces international retirement after Copa America loss vs Chile