Tributes paid to Maulana Azad on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and other parliamentarians on Sunday paid floral tributes to eminent freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birth anniversary.
The parliamentarians paid their tributes in the central hall of Parliament house today.
In a statement released here the Lok Sabha secretariat said that among other dignitaries who paid the floral tributes were former Members of Parliament and officials of the Lok Sabha secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat was also presented to the dignitaries who attended the function.
The portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was unveiled by the then President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad, in the central hall of Parliament house on 16 December 1959.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- TCS top Indian IT employer; Infosys, Cognizant and Wipro next
- Painless patch can monitor side effects of drugs
- Two dead, over a dozen wounded in Florida nightclub shooting; one person detained
- Rains support RBI rate cut, may douse agflation : BoA-ML
- Meet Graham, the only human designed to survive car crash! Watch the video