Tributes paid to Maulana Azad on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and other parliamentarians on Sunday paid floral tributes to eminent freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birth anniversary.
The parliamentarians paid their tributes in the central hall of Parliament house today.
In a statement released here the Lok Sabha secretariat said that among other dignitaries who paid the floral tributes were former Members of Parliament and officials of the Lok Sabha secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat was also presented to the dignitaries who attended the function.
The portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was unveiled by the then President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad, in the central hall of Parliament house on 16 December 1959.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Rio Olympics Goodwill Ambassador row: Yogeshwar Dutt criticised by Twitterati for opposing Salman Khan's appointment
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi