Tributes paid to Maulana Azad on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and other parliamentarians on Sunday paid floral tributes to eminent freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birth anniversary.
The parliamentarians paid their tributes in the central hall of Parliament house today.
In a statement released here the Lok Sabha secretariat said that among other dignitaries who paid the floral tributes were former Members of Parliament and officials of the Lok Sabha secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat was also presented to the dignitaries who attended the function.
The portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was unveiled by the then President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad, in the central hall of Parliament house on 16 December 1959.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM