Tributes paid to Maulana Azad on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and other parliamentarians on Sunday paid floral tributes to eminent freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birth anniversary.
The parliamentarians paid their tributes in the central hall of Parliament house today.
In a statement released here the Lok Sabha secretariat said that among other dignitaries who paid the floral tributes were former Members of Parliament and officials of the Lok Sabha secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat was also presented to the dignitaries who attended the function.
The portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was unveiled by the then President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad, in the central hall of Parliament house on 16 December 1959.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India