Tributes paid to Maulana Azad on his birth anniversary
New Delhi: Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj and other parliamentarians on Sunday paid floral tributes to eminent freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on his birth anniversary.
The parliamentarians paid their tributes in the central hall of Parliament house today.
In a statement released here the Lok Sabha secretariat said that among other dignitaries who paid the floral tributes were former Members of Parliament and officials of the Lok Sabha secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha secretariat was also presented to the dignitaries who attended the function.
The portrait of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was unveiled by the then President of India Dr Rajendra Prasad, in the central hall of Parliament house on 16 December 1959.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990
- Kerry arrives in Bangladesh amid wave of attacks on minorities
- Facebook to increase Trending Topic feature's automation
- Apple plans to integrate Touch ID into iPhone's screen