Tributes to Morarji Desai on 116th birth Anniv
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday led the nation in offering floral tributes to former
Prime Minister Morarji Desai on his 116th birth anniversary.
Besides Singh, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Deputy
Speaker Kariya Munda and a number of Parliamentarians offered
tributes to Desai who was Prime Minister between March 1977
and July 1979.
Several Union ministers, former MPs and Secretary-General
of Lok Sabha TK Viswanathan, were also present at a brief
function in Parliament`s Central Hall to commemorate the birth
anniversary of Desai.
A booklet containing Desai`s profile brought by the Lok
Sabha Secretariat, was presented to the dignitaries who
attended the function.
Desai`s portrait was unveiled in the Central Hall of
Parliament on December 15, 1995 by the then President Shanker
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed