Trinamool Congress sees SC verdict as indictment of govt
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, a key ally of
the ruling UPA, also saw the Supreme Court verdict quashing the appointment of P J Thomas as the Central Vigilance Commissioner as an "indictment" of the government.
"The Supreme Court (verdict) is sort of an indictment. We
have to be careful in the future," Sultan Ahmed, Union
Minister of State for Tourism, told reporters here.
He said the government was grappling with the problem
because of its dependence on the bureaucracy.
"We welcome the Supreme Court verdict. If a mistake has
been committed it has to be corrected," Ahmed said adding that
the apex Court has shown a path for the future.
"To fight corruption is not the job of the government
alone, we have to fight it together. Corruption has become a
menace," the minister said.
Opposition parties have slammed the government after the
apex Court quashed the appointment of the CVC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview