Trinamool Congress sees SC verdict as indictment of govt
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, a key ally of
the ruling UPA, also saw the Supreme Court verdict quashing the appointment of P J Thomas as the Central Vigilance Commissioner as an "indictment" of the government.
"The Supreme Court (verdict) is sort of an indictment. We
have to be careful in the future," Sultan Ahmed, Union
Minister of State for Tourism, told reporters here.
He said the government was grappling with the problem
because of its dependence on the bureaucracy.
"We welcome the Supreme Court verdict. If a mistake has
been committed it has to be corrected," Ahmed said adding that
the apex Court has shown a path for the future.
"To fight corruption is not the job of the government
alone, we have to fight it together. Corruption has become a
menace," the minister said.
Opposition parties have slammed the government after the
apex Court quashed the appointment of the CVC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!