Trinamool doesn`t have the numbers for no trust: BJP
Kolkata: The BJP on Sunday said the Trinamool Congress did not have enough numbers to bring a no-confidence motion to oust the Congress-led central government, and that the party was yet to decide whether to support the move.
"What is the use of bringing the motion if it gets defeated. The Trinamool doesn`t have the numbers. Their leadership will have to decide how far they can go. All parties need to carefully chalk out the plan," senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Murli Manohar Joshi said here.
"Numbers are important. If the motion gets defeated, then the government will relax for the next six months as you cannot bring another no-confidence motion during that period. We need to plan well," he said.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Saturday announced that her party would move a no-confidence motion on the first day of the Winter session of Parliament Nov 22 and appealed to all parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Left, to support the move.
"Mamataji telephoned Sushma Swaraj (BJP leader) to seek support for the move. We will take a decision on that only after a discussion with our party leaders and the representatives of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA)," Joshi said.
Sushma Swaraj is in Mumbai to attend Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s funeral. The BJP will take a call on Mamata Banerjee`s call after the BJP leader returns to Delhi, according to Joshi.
He said the BJP was the first party to oppose the economic reforms, including FDI in retail, initiated by the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government, and the party will do its bit to support the opposition`s effort to bring the government down.
"We were the first to start the movement against the government on FDI. It is, therefore, a question of others joining us rather then us joining them," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof