Trinamool for JPC probe into 2G scam
New Delhi: In remarks that could embarrass the UPA coalition, Trinamool Congress on Tuesday said it supported a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam but would leave a decision on the matter to the government.
"If the government agrees for a JPC, it is good ....but we will support the government in whatever stand it and the Prime Minister take. We believe the Prime Minister is honest," the party`s Chief Whip in Lok Sabha Sudip Bandopadhyay told reporters here.
"We want the deadlock in Parliament to end. If JPC is formed, it is good. But we are with the government," he said.
Bandopadhyay criticised the Opposition for "disrupting" Parliament, saying "we want the Houses to run".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway