Trinamool for JPC probe into 2G scam
New Delhi: In remarks that could embarrass the UPA coalition, Trinamool Congress on Tuesday said it supported a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam but would leave a decision on the matter to the government.
"If the government agrees for a JPC, it is good ....but we will support the government in whatever stand it and the Prime Minister take. We believe the Prime Minister is honest," the party`s Chief Whip in Lok Sabha Sudip Bandopadhyay told reporters here.
"We want the deadlock in Parliament to end. If JPC is formed, it is good. But we are with the government," he said.
Bandopadhyay criticised the Opposition for "disrupting" Parliament, saying "we want the Houses to run".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites