Trinamool takes a dig at Cabinet ministers over Baba Ramdev
New Delhi: UPA constituent Trinamool
Congress on Thursday took a dig at four senior minister rushing to
the airport to meet Baba Ramdev, who has threatened to go on a
fast on the issue of black money and corruption, while turning
a blind eye to the poor.
"Here is a person who comes in his jet plane, lands at
Delhi airport and almost the entire Cabinet goes. Why do they
go?" Minister of State for Health Dinesh Trivedi asked during
an event organised by industry chamber FICCI.
Trivedi, the Trinamool Congress representative in the
government, said undue importance has been given to the yoga
guru, while the poor who suffer from hunger are being ignored.
"....we have got one out of four hungry in India. We are
not bothered about these hungry people, but we are concerned
about somebody who is going to go hungry for three days," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends