`Trinamool violating ethics of coalition politics`
Kolkata: The rift between Congress and Trinamool Congress on Monday deepened with the national party accusing its ally of violating ethics of coalition politics and alleging that no democratic rights exist in West Bengal.
"We wanted to remove CPI(M) for restoration of democratic rights but it is unfortunate that we failed to restore them. If our right to speak is taken away, how can we say that democratic rights exist here?" West Bengal Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya said at a protest rally here.
"It is a pity that the fundamental change the Congress had wanted to usher in West Bengal, ending 34 years of CPI(M) rule, has not come about. Trinamool Congress` concept of change consists of just changing the chief minister and nothing else," he said.
Bhattacharya said he was not against Congress` alliance with TMC but if one partner "violates the ethics of coalition politics every day, it cannot be accepted".
"Trinamool Congress activists are attacking Congress workers in the districts and even capturing INTUC offices and the state government is sitting idle," he claimed.
Bhattacharya was addressing a PCC rally to protest price rise and increase in power tariff by private power utility CESC limited "with the consent of the Mamata Banerjee government".
The PCC chief demanded that the state government should ensure that CESC reduce power tariff in consultation with the electricity regulatory commission.
"If Dinesh Trivedi had to resign as railway minister for a marginal increase in railway fares, why Trinamool is silent when power tariff is hiked?" he wondered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray