Trinamool wants voting in RS on FDI
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress, which had earlier been ambiguous on the rule under which FDI debate should take place, on Ruesday moved a motion in Rajya Sabha seeking discussion with voting.
"This house disapproves the entry of FDI in multi-brand retail...," read the motion moved by Trinamool members D Bandopadhyay and Vivek Gupta under Rule 168 which entails voting. The UPA`s estranged ally has nine members in the Upper House, which has an effective strength of 244.
A number of parties including BJP and Left have already given notices for moving a motion under this rule and the House will take up the discussion on December 6 and 7.
Earlier, during the all-party meeting on November 26, Trinamool Congress had said it would leave it to the presiding officer under which rule the discussion should be held.
Trinamool Chief Whip in Upper House Derek O`Brien told a news agency, "This makes quite clear our constant stand on multi-brand retail. There is no flip flop."
Trinamool`s efforts to move a no-confidence motion against the government in Lok Sabha on the FDI issue had failed as it could not muster the required number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'