`Trinity` to lead Congress in 2014: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: The "trinity" of Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in the next Lok Sabha election, party spokesman Manish Tewari has said.
Speaking to Rahul Kanwal of Aajtak news channel, Tewari said: "We will go to the people with this `Trimurti`.
"For nine years, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has given us good governance and (Congress president) Sonia (Gandhi) has held the party together," he said.
"Now, (Congress vice president) Rahul Gandhi has breathed life into the youth and invigorated the grassroots."
Tewari disagreed with party colleague Digvijaya Singh`s observation that the dual power-centre experiment involving Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi was "a big failure".
Tewari said: "Digvijaya Singh is a senior leader of the party and he has an opinion on several issues. We are a democratic party and everybody is entitled to their views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag
- Subramanian Swamy says he stands by PM Narendra Modi
- Fraudulous chit funds back to haunt Bengal in agricultural schemes avatar
- Now, Karnataka schools ordered to buy book highlighting Siddaramaiah govt's achievements