`Trinity` to lead Congress in 2014: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: The "trinity" of Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in the next Lok Sabha election, party spokesman Manish Tewari has said.
Speaking to Rahul Kanwal of Aajtak news channel, Tewari said: "We will go to the people with this `Trimurti`.
"For nine years, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has given us good governance and (Congress president) Sonia (Gandhi) has held the party together," he said.
"Now, (Congress vice president) Rahul Gandhi has breathed life into the youth and invigorated the grassroots."
Tewari disagreed with party colleague Digvijaya Singh`s observation that the dual power-centre experiment involving Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi was "a big failure".
Tewari said: "Digvijaya Singh is a senior leader of the party and he has an opinion on several issues. We are a democratic party and everybody is entitled to their views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29