`Trinity` to lead Congress in 2014: Manish Tewari
New Delhi: The "trinity" of Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress in the next Lok Sabha election, party spokesman Manish Tewari has said.
Speaking to Rahul Kanwal of Aajtak news channel, Tewari said: "We will go to the people with this `Trimurti`.
"For nine years, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has given us good governance and (Congress president) Sonia (Gandhi) has held the party together," he said.
"Now, (Congress vice president) Rahul Gandhi has breathed life into the youth and invigorated the grassroots."
Tewari disagreed with party colleague Digvijaya Singh`s observation that the dual power-centre experiment involving Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi was "a big failure".
Tewari said: "Digvijaya Singh is a senior leader of the party and he has an opinion on several issues. We are a democratic party and everybody is entitled to their views.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves