Tripartite meeting on March 18 to review Assam Accord
Guwahati: A tripartite meeting would be
held in New Delhi on March 18 among Union Home Ministry, Assam
government and All Assam Students Union (AASU) to review the
progress of the implementation of the Assam Accord.
AASU advisor Samujjal Bhattacharjee told reporters
here today that the meeting would be held with Union Home
Secretary G K Pillai and the lack of implementation of the
various clauses of the Accord would be discussed in detail.
Bhattacharjee said the sealing of the 272-km
Indo-Bangladesh border was far from complete and the central
government has to ``answer for the delay``.
``The government has failed to implement border
sealing and as a consequence unabated influx was continuing
causing immense threat to the indigenous Assamese``, he added.
Besides, the updating of the National Register of
Citizens (NRC) was expected to be completed by December 31,
2010 but till now the modalities have not been worked out,
Bhattacharjee pointed out.
He further alleged that the government`s progress in
the implementation of the other clauses of the Accord was also
``very tardy and we will raise these issues in the meeting
with the Union Home Secretary``.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31