Tripartite meeting on March 18 to review Assam Accord
Guwahati: A tripartite meeting would be
held in New Delhi on March 18 among Union Home Ministry, Assam
government and All Assam Students Union (AASU) to review the
progress of the implementation of the Assam Accord.
AASU advisor Samujjal Bhattacharjee told reporters
here today that the meeting would be held with Union Home
Secretary G K Pillai and the lack of implementation of the
various clauses of the Accord would be discussed in detail.
Bhattacharjee said the sealing of the 272-km
Indo-Bangladesh border was far from complete and the central
government has to ``answer for the delay``.
``The government has failed to implement border
sealing and as a consequence unabated influx was continuing
causing immense threat to the indigenous Assamese``, he added.
Besides, the updating of the National Register of
Citizens (NRC) was expected to be completed by December 31,
2010 but till now the modalities have not been worked out,
Bhattacharjee pointed out.
He further alleged that the government`s progress in
the implementation of the other clauses of the Accord was also
``very tardy and we will raise these issues in the meeting
with the Union Home Secretary``.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India