Tripura CM to accompany PM in Bangladesh
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar will be accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
his two-day tour to Bangladesh beginning September 6.
Chief Secretary S K Panda today said the chief ministers
of five bordering states of eastern India, including
Tripura`s, would be visiting Dhaka.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee, Meghalaya`s Mukul Sangma,
Assam`s Tarun Gogoi and Mizoram`s Lal Thanhawla will also be
Discussions on several significant issues, including
border fencing, combating trans-border militancy, opening of
border haats (markets) etc, would be discussed during the
visit, Panda told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking