Tripura CM to accompany PM in Bangladesh
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar will be accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
his two-day tour to Bangladesh beginning September 6.
Chief Secretary S K Panda today said the chief ministers
of five bordering states of eastern India, including
Tripura`s, would be visiting Dhaka.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee, Meghalaya`s Mukul Sangma,
Assam`s Tarun Gogoi and Mizoram`s Lal Thanhawla will also be
Discussions on several significant issues, including
border fencing, combating trans-border militancy, opening of
border haats (markets) etc, would be discussed during the
visit, Panda told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'