Tripura CM to accompany PM in Bangladesh
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar will be accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
his two-day tour to Bangladesh beginning September 6.
Chief Secretary S K Panda today said the chief ministers
of five bordering states of eastern India, including
Tripura`s, would be visiting Dhaka.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee, Meghalaya`s Mukul Sangma,
Assam`s Tarun Gogoi and Mizoram`s Lal Thanhawla will also be
Discussions on several significant issues, including
border fencing, combating trans-border militancy, opening of
border haats (markets) etc, would be discussed during the
visit, Panda told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs