Tripura CM to accompany PM in Bangladesh
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar will be accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
his two-day tour to Bangladesh beginning September 6.
Chief Secretary S K Panda today said the chief ministers
of five bordering states of eastern India, including
Tripura`s, would be visiting Dhaka.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee, Meghalaya`s Mukul Sangma,
Assam`s Tarun Gogoi and Mizoram`s Lal Thanhawla will also be
Discussions on several significant issues, including
border fencing, combating trans-border militancy, opening of
border haats (markets) etc, would be discussed during the
visit, Panda told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption