Tripura CM to accompany PM in Bangladesh
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar will be accompanying Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in
his two-day tour to Bangladesh beginning September 6.
Chief Secretary S K Panda today said the chief ministers
of five bordering states of eastern India, including
Tripura`s, would be visiting Dhaka.
West Bengal`s Mamata Banerjee, Meghalaya`s Mukul Sangma,
Assam`s Tarun Gogoi and Mizoram`s Lal Thanhawla will also be
Discussions on several significant issues, including
border fencing, combating trans-border militancy, opening of
border haats (markets) etc, would be discussed during the
visit, Panda told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister