Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez