Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28