Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list