Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- La Liga to hold minute`s silence for Italy earthquake victims
- `I`m not 100 percent`, admits US Open champion Novak Djokovic
- Kanhaiya, two others granted regular bail in sedition case
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned