Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video