Tripura CM to visit Bangladesh on March 27
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar would pay a two-day visit to Dhaka from March 27 to attend the function to commemorate 40 years of Bangladesh
liberation movement, official sources said on Tuesday.
Sarkar would be one of the leaders of different countries who would be honoured by Bangladesh for their contribution to the liberation war.
He would return to the state next day, the sources said. Tripura played a very important role during the liberation war by providing shelter to 15 lakh refugees, which was more than its own population of 14 lakh at that time.
Tripura was also the war headquarters of the liberation struggle from where the guerrillas had launched bush war for the liberation of the country, then known as East Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sleeping near chicken can protect you from malaria!
- WI vs IND 2016: Bowlers need to be patient as it's a batting pitch, says leggie Devendra Bishoo
- Fire diverts North Korea Air Koryo flight
- Ranveer Singh brands Irrfan Khan as 'enigmatic genius'
- Tamil Nadu CM thanks Rawat for taking steps to install poet's statue