Trivedi episode internal affair of govt: Cong
New Delhi: Congress Thursday sought to downplay
the Dinesh Trivedi episode, saying it is an internal affair of the government and it could not be discussed outside.
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi while interacting with reporters outside Parliament sought to reaffirm that Trivedi is still the Railway Minister and Parliament will take a decision on the Rail Budget which was presented by him yesterday.
"Trivedi is the Railway Minister at the moment. It is a hypothetical question", he said when asked who could be Trivedi replacement.
Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee has opposed the Rail Budget immediately after it was presented yesterday on the grounds of increase in passenger fares.
Responding a query on who will be the next Railway Minister as Banerjee has asked the Prime Minister to remove Trivedi, he said, "It is an internal affair (of the government) and it cannot be discussed outside."
On the fate of the Rail Budget, he said that it has already been presented in Parliament which will take a decision on it.
"Budget has been presented in Parliament. Now Parliament has to decided whether to pass it or not," Alvi said, adding, "It is a coalition government and Trinamool is part of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter