Trivedi would have consulted PM for sure: Sharad
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav on Thursday said Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented his maiden budget without consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented rail budget without consulting the PM and (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi," Yadav said, after Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Banerjee complained that her party was not consulted over the fare hike announced by Trivendi in his rail budget and that she wants the new fares to be axed.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha, he added: "We want the government to go but we want the government to stay well till they stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter