Trivedi would have consulted PM for sure: Sharad
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav on Thursday said Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented his maiden budget without consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented rail budget without consulting the PM and (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi," Yadav said, after Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Banerjee complained that her party was not consulted over the fare hike announced by Trivendi in his rail budget and that she wants the new fares to be axed.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha, he added: "We want the government to go but we want the government to stay well till they stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'