Trivedi would have consulted PM for sure: Sharad
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav on Thursday said Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented his maiden budget without consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented rail budget without consulting the PM and (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi," Yadav said, after Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Banerjee complained that her party was not consulted over the fare hike announced by Trivendi in his rail budget and that she wants the new fares to be axed.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha, he added: "We want the government to go but we want the government to stay well till they stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair