Trivedi would have consulted PM for sure: Sharad
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United leader Sharad Yadav on Thursday said Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented his maiden budget without consulting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"Dinesh Trivedi could not have presented rail budget without consulting the PM and (Congress president) Sonia Gandhi," Yadav said, after Trinamool Congress leader and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Banerjee complained that her party was not consulted over the fare hike announced by Trivendi in his rail budget and that she wants the new fares to be axed.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha, he added: "We want the government to go but we want the government to stay well till they stay."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees