Troop movement report: Team Anna sees conspiracy
New Delhi: Demanding an impartial inquiry
into the controversy surrounding Army, Team Anna on Tuesday alleged
that the probe by CBI and Intelligence Bureau will not bring
out the truth as the bodies are "under the control of
In a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Anna Hazare
and his key associates wondered whether the recent report in
a newspaper about "unusual movement" of two units of Army
troops was aimed at removing Defence Minister AK Antony and
Army chief Gen V K Singh.
"Does the recent developments in the past few months show
that there is a conspiracy against the honest Army General and
honest Defence Minister?" the letter signed by Hazare, Shanti
Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Prashant Bhushan and Kiran Bedi.
Alleging that the probe by CBI into cases of corruption
flagged by Gen Singh and IB into the leakage of Army Chief`s
letter to Prime Minister will not bring out the truth, the
letter said these agencies were not independent and were under
the control of political masters.
"If the accused, brokers and corrupt have control over
investigating agencies, they will not be able to bring truth
to light...and people of the country are unhappy at the
measures taken by your government in this regard," it said.
The letter also alleged that it was reported by a media
house that a central minister was behind the news report
published by the newspaper.
Linking their fight for a strong Lokpal to the issue,
they said that if there was a strong Lokpal, this issue could
have been investigated by it.
They also took exception to the exclusion of armed forces
from the purview of Lokpal when the Bill was discussed in Lok
Sabha on December 27 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'