Troops fully prepared, battle-worthy: Army
New Delhi: The Army has said that its troops
are "fully prepared, battle-worthy and capable" to counter any
challenge at short notice.
"Our armed forces are fully prepared, battle-worthy and
capable to counter any challenges at very short notice, in
keeping with the task assigned to defend the nation," Army PRO
Col S Om Singh said.
"It is further clarified that the combat efficiency of
the Army at no point be doubted as the military preparedness
and combat efficiency is the foremost and primary task. There
has been no compromise in this issue. The progress of
modernisation is monitored closely at various levels to
minimise the shortfall," Singh said, reacting to media reports
that the Army was not fully combat ready and there was a
shortfall in the full battle preparedness.
He said modernisation was "a deliberate process and is
progressive in nature" and the deficiency of the military
hardware was reviewed at regular intervals and replacement
projected after deliberation based on the operational
requirement and enhancement of operational efficiency.
"The projection of military hardware requirements has
already been made and these are at various stages of
procurement. The Defence Procurement Procedure is also amended
periodically to ensure transparency and effectiveness in
procurement," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video