Troops fully prepared, battle-worthy: Army
New Delhi: The Army has said that its troops
are "fully prepared, battle-worthy and capable" to counter any
challenge at short notice.
"Our armed forces are fully prepared, battle-worthy and
capable to counter any challenges at very short notice, in
keeping with the task assigned to defend the nation," Army PRO
Col S Om Singh said.
"It is further clarified that the combat efficiency of
the Army at no point be doubted as the military preparedness
and combat efficiency is the foremost and primary task. There
has been no compromise in this issue. The progress of
modernisation is monitored closely at various levels to
minimise the shortfall," Singh said, reacting to media reports
that the Army was not fully combat ready and there was a
shortfall in the full battle preparedness.
He said modernisation was "a deliberate process and is
progressive in nature" and the deficiency of the military
hardware was reviewed at regular intervals and replacement
projected after deliberation based on the operational
requirement and enhancement of operational efficiency.
"The projection of military hardware requirements has
already been made and these are at various stages of
procurement. The Defence Procurement Procedure is also amended
periodically to ensure transparency and effectiveness in
procurement," he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm