Troops fully prepared, battle-worthy: Army
New Delhi: The Army has said that its troops
are "fully prepared, battle-worthy and capable" to counter any
challenge at short notice.
"Our armed forces are fully prepared, battle-worthy and
capable to counter any challenges at very short notice, in
keeping with the task assigned to defend the nation," Army PRO
Col S Om Singh said.
"It is further clarified that the combat efficiency of
the Army at no point be doubted as the military preparedness
and combat efficiency is the foremost and primary task. There
has been no compromise in this issue. The progress of
modernisation is monitored closely at various levels to
minimise the shortfall," Singh said, reacting to media reports
that the Army was not fully combat ready and there was a
shortfall in the full battle preparedness.
He said modernisation was "a deliberate process and is
progressive in nature" and the deficiency of the military
hardware was reviewed at regular intervals and replacement
projected after deliberation based on the operational
requirement and enhancement of operational efficiency.
"The projection of military hardware requirements has
already been made and these are at various stages of
procurement. The Defence Procurement Procedure is also amended
periodically to ensure transparency and effectiveness in
procurement," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical