TRS chief meets Chidambaram to discuss Telangana
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS)
chief K Chandrasekhar Rao today met Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram and discussed the issue of a separate Telangana.
"It was a satisfactory meeting," he told reporters after
a 30-minute meeting.
The TRS chief, who is spearheading the movement for the
separate state, will also meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to discuss the issue.
"I will meet the Prime Minister in a day or two," he
On being asked about all-party meeting chaired by
Chidambaram yesterday to devise a mechanism and a road map to
resolve the vexed Telangana issue, he said "yesterday`s
was a pleasant meeting and satisfactory."
Yesterday`s meeting was attended by eight registered
political parties in Andhra Pradesh -- Congress, TDP, TRS,
Praja Rajyam, CPI(M), CPI, BJP and MIM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test