TRS chief meets Chidambaram to discuss Telangana
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS)
chief K Chandrasekhar Rao today met Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram and discussed the issue of a separate Telangana.
"It was a satisfactory meeting," he told reporters after
a 30-minute meeting.
The TRS chief, who is spearheading the movement for the
separate state, will also meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to discuss the issue.
"I will meet the Prime Minister in a day or two," he
On being asked about all-party meeting chaired by
Chidambaram yesterday to devise a mechanism and a road map to
resolve the vexed Telangana issue, he said "yesterday`s
was a pleasant meeting and satisfactory."
Yesterday`s meeting was attended by eight registered
political parties in Andhra Pradesh -- Congress, TDP, TRS,
Praja Rajyam, CPI(M), CPI, BJP and MIM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi