TRS chief meets Chidambaram to discuss Telangana
New Delhi: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS)
chief K Chandrasekhar Rao today met Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram and discussed the issue of a separate Telangana.
"It was a satisfactory meeting," he told reporters after
a 30-minute meeting.
The TRS chief, who is spearheading the movement for the
separate state, will also meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
to discuss the issue.
"I will meet the Prime Minister in a day or two," he
On being asked about all-party meeting chaired by
Chidambaram yesterday to devise a mechanism and a road map to
resolve the vexed Telangana issue, he said "yesterday`s
was a pleasant meeting and satisfactory."
Yesterday`s meeting was attended by eight registered
political parties in Andhra Pradesh -- Congress, TDP, TRS,
Praja Rajyam, CPI(M), CPI, BJP and MIM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed