TRS chief to protest at Lok Sabha Speaker`s podium
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar
Rao on Monday said he would protest at the Speaker`s podium in the
Lok Sabha over the Telangana issue.
"I will sit in the Speaker`s podium and protest. We
will see the Centre`s attitude and take steps accordingly," he
told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
Maintaining that several MLAs from coastal Andhra are
ready for peaceful resolution of the vexed Telangana issue, he
said the Centre should solve the matter by passing a
resolution in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly and introducing a
bill in Parliament for the formation of the separate state.
Describing the alleged arrests of pro-Telangana
students and lawyers as "inhuman", he said such things should
be put to and end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter