TRS chief to protest at Lok Sabha Speaker`s podium
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar
Rao on Monday said he would protest at the Speaker`s podium in the
Lok Sabha over the Telangana issue.
"I will sit in the Speaker`s podium and protest. We
will see the Centre`s attitude and take steps accordingly," he
told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
Maintaining that several MLAs from coastal Andhra are
ready for peaceful resolution of the vexed Telangana issue, he
said the Centre should solve the matter by passing a
resolution in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly and introducing a
bill in Parliament for the formation of the separate state.
Describing the alleged arrests of pro-Telangana
students and lawyers as "inhuman", he said such things should
be put to and end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre