TRS chief unhappy with Rayala Telangana, calls bandh on December 5
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: K Chandrasekhar Rao, the chief of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), has called for a bandh on Thursday following the Centre’s reported move to merge the proposed Telangana and some districts from the Rayalseema region.
Rao said he was not happy with the purported move and that the TRS will start an agitation if the same was approved.
As per Rao, sources have confirmed that a GoM on the matter will recommend Rayala Telangana, a move reportedly cleared by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The TRS chief said they will never never accept Rayala Telangana.
Congress leaders have said that the proposed Rayala Telangana will include 12 districts, including Kurnool and Anantapur from the Rayalaseema region, is a possibility.
Even Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has informally confirmed to reporters that the proposal was on the table.
The GoM slated to take the decision today could not arrive at any decision. It will again meet tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees