TRS chief unhappy with Rayala Telangana, calls bandh on December 5
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: K Chandrasekhar Rao, the chief of Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), has called for a bandh on Thursday following the Centre’s reported move to merge the proposed Telangana and some districts from the Rayalseema region.
Rao said he was not happy with the purported move and that the TRS will start an agitation if the same was approved.
As per Rao, sources have confirmed that a GoM on the matter will recommend Rayala Telangana, a move reportedly cleared by Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The TRS chief said they will never never accept Rayala Telangana.
Congress leaders have said that the proposed Rayala Telangana will include 12 districts, including Kurnool and Anantapur from the Rayalaseema region, is a possibility.
Even Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde has informally confirmed to reporters that the proposal was on the table.
The GoM slated to take the decision today could not arrive at any decision. It will again meet tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur