TRS drums up support for Telangana Bill ahead of Parl session
New Delhi: With the Telangana Bill expected to come up in Parliament during the session beginning February 5, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday held a series of meetings with leaders of regional parties to garner support for the bill.
Rao called on RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan here. Later in the evening, he is expected to meet JD(U) president Sharad Yadav at the latter`s residence.
According to Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) sources, Lalu Prasad had responded positively to their appeal.
"The meetings are part of our party`s drive to get support from other political parties for the passage of the Telangana Bill in Parliament. Our leader is also slated to meet BJP president Rajnath Singh and BSP chief Mayawati for the purpose tomorrow," a senior TRS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you