TRS drums up support for Telangana Bill ahead of Parl session
New Delhi: With the Telangana Bill expected to come up in Parliament during the session beginning February 5, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday held a series of meetings with leaders of regional parties to garner support for the bill.
Rao called on RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan here. Later in the evening, he is expected to meet JD(U) president Sharad Yadav at the latter`s residence.
According to Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) sources, Lalu Prasad had responded positively to their appeal.
"The meetings are part of our party`s drive to get support from other political parties for the passage of the Telangana Bill in Parliament. Our leader is also slated to meet BJP president Rajnath Singh and BSP chief Mayawati for the purpose tomorrow," a senior TRS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch