TRS drums up support for Telangana Bill ahead of Parl session
New Delhi: With the Telangana Bill expected to come up in Parliament during the session beginning February 5, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday held a series of meetings with leaders of regional parties to garner support for the bill.
Rao called on RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan here. Later in the evening, he is expected to meet JD(U) president Sharad Yadav at the latter`s residence.
According to Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) sources, Lalu Prasad had responded positively to their appeal.
"The meetings are part of our party`s drive to get support from other political parties for the passage of the Telangana Bill in Parliament. Our leader is also slated to meet BJP president Rajnath Singh and BSP chief Mayawati for the purpose tomorrow," a senior TRS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre