TRS drums up support for Telangana Bill ahead of Parl session
New Delhi: With the Telangana Bill expected to come up in Parliament during the session beginning February 5, TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday held a series of meetings with leaders of regional parties to garner support for the bill.
Rao called on RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan here. Later in the evening, he is expected to meet JD(U) president Sharad Yadav at the latter`s residence.
According to Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) sources, Lalu Prasad had responded positively to their appeal.
"The meetings are part of our party`s drive to get support from other political parties for the passage of the Telangana Bill in Parliament. Our leader is also slated to meet BJP president Rajnath Singh and BSP chief Mayawati for the purpose tomorrow," a senior TRS leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?