TRS to bring adjournment motion in LS for separate Telangana
New Delhi: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi
will bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday to
press for its demand for a separate Telangana state.
"We will bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha
tomorrow to press for a separate Telangana state...We will sit
in the well of the House," TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told
reporters outside the Parliament House.
He said while his party wanted to bring the motion today
itself, he was asked to postpone it as the government and the
Opposition had decided to allow the House to run smoothly today.
Rao also requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take
notice of the agitation for a separate Telangana and fast
track the process to carve out the new state.
"Despite its announcement last year, the government is
going slow on the issue of Telangana," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'