TRS to bring adjournment motion in LS for separate Telangana
New Delhi: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi
will bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday to
press for its demand for a separate Telangana state.
"We will bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha
tomorrow to press for a separate Telangana state...We will sit
in the well of the House," TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told
reporters outside the Parliament House.
He said while his party wanted to bring the motion today
itself, he was asked to postpone it as the government and the
Opposition had decided to allow the House to run smoothly today.
Rao also requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take
notice of the agitation for a separate Telangana and fast
track the process to carve out the new state.
"Despite its announcement last year, the government is
going slow on the issue of Telangana," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state