TRS to bring adjournment motion in LS for separate Telangana
New Delhi: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi
will bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday to
press for its demand for a separate Telangana state.
"We will bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha
tomorrow to press for a separate Telangana state...We will sit
in the well of the House," TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told
reporters outside the Parliament House.
He said while his party wanted to bring the motion today
itself, he was asked to postpone it as the government and the
Opposition had decided to allow the House to run smoothly today.
Rao also requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take
notice of the agitation for a separate Telangana and fast
track the process to carve out the new state.
"Despite its announcement last year, the government is
going slow on the issue of Telangana," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores