TRS to bring adjournment motion in LS for separate Telangana
New Delhi: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi
will bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday to
press for its demand for a separate Telangana state.
"We will bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha
tomorrow to press for a separate Telangana state...We will sit
in the well of the House," TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told
reporters outside the Parliament House.
He said while his party wanted to bring the motion today
itself, he was asked to postpone it as the government and the
Opposition had decided to allow the House to run smoothly today.
Rao also requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take
notice of the agitation for a separate Telangana and fast
track the process to carve out the new state.
"Despite its announcement last year, the government is
going slow on the issue of Telangana," he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm