TRS to bring adjournment motion in LS for separate Telangana
New Delhi: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi
will bring an adjournment motion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday to
press for its demand for a separate Telangana state.
"We will bring an adjournment motion in the Lok Sabha
tomorrow to press for a separate Telangana state...We will sit
in the well of the House," TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao told
reporters outside the Parliament House.
He said while his party wanted to bring the motion today
itself, he was asked to postpone it as the government and the
Opposition had decided to allow the House to run smoothly today.
Rao also requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take
notice of the agitation for a separate Telangana and fast
track the process to carve out the new state.
"Despite its announcement last year, the government is
going slow on the issue of Telangana," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing