Truth must be brought out in coalgate: Shiv Sena
New Delhi: The issue of coalgate has taken the country by storm and has shaken the faith of the people in the political class. Speaking on the contentious issues, Shiv Sena MP, Anil Desai said on Wednesday that the government at the Centre had no answer to give on the matter in Parliament and maintained that it was important to bring the truth before the people.
Speaking exclusively to Zee News the Shiv Sena leader said, “The Prime Minister talks of reform. He talks of attracting foreign investments. But if you calculate the loss to the exchequer due to the coal scam, then you will automatically get answers to price rise and cutting subsidies.”
On being questioned on the theory of zero loss in coalgate put forward by the Finance Minister P Chidambaram, Desai said, “The matter will not end by what is said by the Congress spokesperson and some of its leaders. The CAG must have come to the conclusion after certain deliberations. It has been working as a watchdog for years now. To challenge the CAG is to fool everyone.”
He categorically said that coalgate should be investigated thoroughly and that the whole truth must be brought forward. He was also of the firm view that everyone should be investigated impartially, even if they were Congress ministers. “If someone has indulged in wrong practices, then he will have to pay for it,” Desai added.
At the same time he endorsed the views of social activist Anna Hazare’s demands of a probe in coal scam by a Supreme Court judge.
However, Anil Desai did not agree with the fact that all political parties were hand-in-glove and said that the Opposition was performing its role to the hilt. But he was of the view that the government will have to cancel the allocation of coal blocks. “The government will have to give answers. Why was the wrong done and at what level was it done.”
The Shiv Sena leader ended on a positive note. “India’s democracy is very strong.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Huge controversy breaks out as Mangaluru college bans hijab, beard; protests on
- The journey has just begun! Sachin Tendulkar lauds Rio winners, predicts greater acheivements
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools